Saturday 14 May 2011

Welcome Everyone

I have decided be like the rest of the school and have my own personal blog. I thought it would be a good idea so that I could keep you up to date with all that is happening in the school. We are all very happy at Little Heath at the moment because we are enjoying a large amount of success.

Firstly we have been awarded the ‘QiSS’ quality mark. This is in recognition for the good work that we do in the provision that we provide outside of the normal school curriculum. This award is important to us because it has been proven that good provision in a school’s extended curriculum has a positive impact on attainment which can only be a good thing. Now that we have achieved this award we are going to go for another one. This time we are hoping to be awarded the ‘Primary Science Quality Mark’ (PSQM) which is given in recognition of the quality of the science curriculum. Over the coming months I will keep you informed of our progress.

We are also celebrating a double sporting victory. Our boys have won the Hatfield and Welwyn Primary Schools football tournament and our girls are champions again of the ‘Le Gros’ netball tournament. This victory was made sweeter by the fact that our’B’ team finished third. Unfortunately for me these two victories have meant extra work because I promised the children that if they both won their respective tournaments I would make them cupcakes so I have been spending my recent evenings baking and decorating cakes. Let us hope that they enjoy the end result.

No comments: