Friday 21 December 2012

With the excitement for Christmas at fever point the end of term has finally arrived! It has been an extremely busy week in school and I am sure that the children (and you) are all very tired. The children do appear to have had a good time though and we are all very proud of how well they did in their shows and carol service. I know you can all also appreciate how hard the staff had to work in putting on these shows and parties and I am sure you would like to join me in thanking all my staff for their efforts at this busy time of year. I made a little error on Monday in the Carol Service when I thanked all the KS2 staff for their work in putting on the Carol service and I forgot to thank the KS1 staff who also helped out i.e. Mrs Costi, Mr Spring and Mrs Holden so I am doing that now. I have blamed that oversight on being overworked and my advancing years but I have not received much sympathy from the staff.


It has been nice seeing all the parents and relatives at these events and I would like to thank all of you for supporting your children and the school in such a positive way. You have been very generous in your donations for the ‘Shelter Emergency Christmas fund’ and we raised £298 to donate to this very worthy cause. I would also like to thank everyone who has sent me Christmas cards and gifts – they are very much appreciated

All that is left for me to do now is to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I look forward to seeing you all again in 2013 when we return to school on Tuesday, 8th January.

No comments: