Friday 15 March 2013


As I expected there has been great excitement in school today amongst a sea of red noses and funny feet– we have also had a two headed monster wandering around the school. This is all down to it being ‘Red Nose Day’ and everyone getting into the spirit of the occasion. Although this day brings great merriment in a primary school it does have a serious purpose behind it and I would like to thank everyone who bought a nose or made a contribution towards this day as all the money goes towards many good causes and supports those who find themselves in difficult times. I do not know exactly how much money has been raised but as soon as I do I will ‘tweet’ the amount and you will be able to see it on our website. I have to admit to being a little excited as this will be the first time I will have tweeted for our website  - I am very easily pleased!

A lot of you will have also seen our new site manager today. His name is Craig James and I know that you will all make him feel very welcome. He officially starts on Monday. I would like to take this opportunity to thank our temporary site manager Rosario Di Francia who I am sure you will all agree has done an excellent job for us. He has been very happy working here and has told me that he thought the parents and children here the nicest he has ever worked with.
I find it hard to believe that we will be breaking up for Easter in less than 2 weeks. This term seems to have flown by. We still have the Year 3, 4 and 5 production of ‘Alice in Wonderland’ to look forward to and then we will have a two week break. Let us hope that it brings us warmer weather

No comments: