Friday 28 June 2013


As you all know we had our Summer Fayre last Friday night and I would like to start my blog by thanking all the members of the PTA and the people who supported them for making it such a success. I do not have the exact figures of how much was raised but regardless of that I am sure that all those who attended will agree that it was an enjoyable evening. One of the men who was running an external stall said that it was the best event of its kind that he had attended and he said that he goes to a lot. Part of my contribution was agreeing to go in the stocks and for those of you who missed it I have posted some pictures below which were kindly taken by Mrs Lambe. I am thinking of giving them the title ’It Shouldn’t Happen to a Head Teacher’

 

As I informed you last week some of the KS2  girls were taking part in a football tournamnet and I am glad to inform you that the teams finished 3rd and 7th in their section. On Wednesday evening some of the pupils took part in an inter schools athletics event and after a close fought contest we were just pipped at the post into second place by Brookman’s Park. I would like to congratulate all those who took part and thank Mr Mills for all his work in coaching our teams. I am also delighted to announce that Katie in Year 6 broke the record for the 600m race.

This week has been Parent Consultation week. It has been nice to see so many parents in school and to receive so many positive comments. I also had a display with our present school aims on so people could offer suggestions of any alterations they would like to make or any ideas for new ones.If you had your parent consultation during the day I am going to leave some clipboards out in the reception area with the present aims on  so  you can also have the opportunity to come and look at them and offer any suggestions.

Next week in school it is Sports Day  on Wednesday. All the children get very excited about this so let us pray for sunshine. The KS1 event is in the morning and should start at approximately 9.30am and the KS2 event is in the afternoon and should start at approximately 1.30pm. We love to see parents and friends at our sports day but I would like to remind you that you need to stand behind the tape when watching the running races at the end. Most people are very good but one or two people every year like to try an sneak under the tape  to try and get a photograph from behind the finish line but I would ask that you do not do this for the safety of the children.

No comments: