Friday 5 July 2013


The end of term is coming and with it the usual whirl of activity. I know they say that as you get older the years appear shorter but I cannot believe the end of the school year is nearly here  - I can remember what happened in September  like it was yesterday.

Luckily for us the weather has slightly improved so our Sports Day could go ahead. As I mentioned in my blog last week the children really enjoy this event and it was great to see so many parents there to support their children. I think it would be a fair comment to make to say that some of the parents get more excited than the children about winning but it was a great day enjoyed by all with Osborne ending up the eventual winners.  I would like to thank Mr Mills for all his hard work which helps make the event such a great success.

I do not like to moan too much in my blog but unfortunately it is our age old problem – parking, which I am going to have to discuss. We have had another complaint from a neighbour in Rosemead Drive to say that someone parked across her driveway. Not only is this inconsiderate it is also against the law so can parents please not do this. I know it is tempting to think that you will only be five minutes and it will not matter but it does and it gives the school a bad reputation in the local community which is never good.

As you know two weeks ago we had our Summer Fayre and although we have not got the final figures for the amount raised I am delighted to tell you that it is over £3000 which is a £1000 up on last year so that is really good news. I also now know that we raised £680 at the ‘Talent Evening’ so this is all great for the school. I would like to thank again the PTA and all the people who supported them in raising this money and when we have decided what to purchase for the school with it I will let you know.

Yesterday two teams from Little Heath took part in the local school rounders tournament . Both teams played really well and our ‘A’ team were runners-up in the whole tournament. Congratulations to everyone who took part and I would also like to thank Mrs Robinson and Mr Mills (again) for coaching them.

Next week is a relatively quiet week in school for the pupils although the Year 6 are visiting their secondary schools on Thursday and so the rest of the school will be meeting their new class teacher for next year. A letter will be going home on Thursday with the staffing for the classes for next year for the parents. Year 6 are also taking part in a Dragon’s Den event in class and next Friday afternoon the rest of the school becomes involved  as the Year 6 will be trying to sell their products to the children and depending on how successful they are at selling this will decide who wins the competition. We do ask parents to provide children in the other classes with a small amount of money to purchase some of the items from the stalls.

 

No comments: