Friday 8 November 2013


I hope you are all feeling refreshed after the half term break. I had a lovely break but it is a shock to my system having to get up early in the morning again. When my alarm went off on Monday I thought it was a mistake as it was so dark I thought it was the middle of the night – unfortunately it was not and I had to get up for work! I soon got back into my routine though and as this half term is packed with exciting events it is not too bad being back at school.

Our first big event is this Saturday when we hold our annual firework display with the Rotary Club. This is always a popular event and a great fundraiser for the school. The gates open at 6.00pm with the bonfire being lit at 6.45pm and the fireworks are at 7.30pm. If you have not already purchased a ticket they will be on sale in Darkes Lane on Saturday morning or they can be purchased from the gate on Saturday evening. I hope to see many of you there.

Most of the children have returned after half term looking very smart in their uniforms – especially KS2 in their winter uniforms. However I was disappointed to see a few girls with nail polish on, one or two KS2 children without ties and some girls wearing earrings. Can you please ensure that your child is dressed appropriately before they come to school.  Remember that earrings can only be worn if ears are newly pierced and they must not be worn in school once their ears have healed which takes approximately 6 – 8 weeks. Children who wear earrings to school will be asked to remove them. If earrings are lost then I am afraid it is not our responsibility as they should not be in school in the first instance.

We know that next Friday is ‘Children in Need’ day but as we have just had a collection for poppies and we will be asking for donations for the Christmas Fayre we will not be holding a special school event for ‘Children in Need’ but we will be doing a small change collection so if your children want to bring some money in for that they are welcome to do so. Year 3 & 4 have been invited to a fun run at Chancellor’s School which is being organised for ‘Children in Need’ and they are being asked to donate a £1 to participate so they need not contribute to the small change donation. As it is for  charity Little Heath will pay for the coach to transport the children to and from the event. More details will be sent via a letter for the classes involved.

Before the half term I tweeted that we had raised £432.45 at the harvest festival but that the children had not decided which charity to send it to. At the School Council meeting just before half term it was decided that the money should be sent to Cancer Research.

That is all for now. I hope to see many of you on Saturday at the fireworks display.

No comments: