Monday 9 December 2013


There is lots of excitement in the air as Christmas fever starts to spread among the children. Preparations are going very nicely for our Christmas shows and carol concert and I know many of you are looking forward to coming to see them during the last week of term. December got off to a cracking start for us on Sunday with our Frost Fayre. After judging the ‘Bake Off’ I did not need any lunch after tasting all the delicious cakes and it is something I look forward to judging in the future. Once again I would like to thank all of the PTA and volunteers who helped to organise and run the event and as I stated in the newsletter I will let you know exactly how much money has been raised when all the expenses from the fayre have been processed.

Also included in my newsletter was the information that Mr Hill is leaving us. He has really enjoyed his time with us and we have really enjoyed having him in the school.  The new music teacher, Mrs Keany, will be visiting the school before she starts in January to liaise with Mr Hill to ensure that the transition is as smooth as possible for the children.

That is all for now. I am trying to build up my energy reserves to ensure that I can keep up with all the extra activities that Christmas brings. Still, it is just once a year and it is a great time for the children so I should not complain too much.

 

No comments: