Friday 4 April 2014


As I said in my blog last week we were going to be busy during the last week and we certainly have been – thank goodness it is the Easter holiday! The big event of this week was the production of ‘Cinderella Rockerfella’ put on by Years 3, 4 and 5. It certainly was an epic production and much enjoyed by all who watched it. The children certainly did themselves proud! I would like to thank all the staff in Years 3, 4 and 5 for all their efforts in putting on such a magnificent production and I would also like to thank the PTA (and all the parents who donated cakes) for  providing the refreshments. Year 6 certainly have a lot to live up to next term.

I am also glad to announce that I have appointed a new music teacher. When all the paperwork has gone through I will say who it is but hopefully they will be able to start the first week after Easter. The new music teacher is very experienced and has carried out this role in a number of schools. 

I have had a lot of positive responses to our ‘Sports Relief’ video which can be found on the website which is good to hear. The children (and the staff) had a lot of fun making this and I am glad to say that as well as having fun we managed to raise an impressive £260 for the charity. I would like to thank everyone for their donations.  We will have to start thinking to see what we can do for ‘Comic Relief’ next year.

As I type this blog preparations are well underway for the first of our ‘Grow a Pound’ events which is taking place this afternoon.  All the food preparation is making me hungry and I hope all the classes raise a lot of money because the more they raise the better it is for the school. I will let you know how much each class raised after the holidays and I will also let you know when the second event is to take place so all the other classes can have a go at trying to be the most successful  to raise the most money.

All that is left for me to do now is to wish you all a Happy Easter. I hope you all have a great holiday and I look forward to seeing you all again on Wednesday, 23rd April.

No comments: