Friday 2 May 2014


I did say in my blog last week that it was going to be a busy week in school and it certainly has been – on the plus side I also said that it would mean that the week would pass very quickly and that has happened too.  I can hardly believe that it is Friday again. If all the weeks pass as quickly as this one it will be the summer holidays before we know it.

I have seen quite a few mums (and a couple of dads) walking around looking a little more glamorous and relaxed than usual. This is because the PTA held an indulgence evening last night and some parents treated themselves to a variety of beauty treatments and massages. All those who attended the evening said what an enjoyable event it was and I would like to thank the PTA for all their hard work in organising it – especially Amanda Garey who co-ordinated the whole event. An impressive £578 was raised. With all the fundraising that is happening in school the outdoor classroom will soon be a reality.

All the lunchtime and after school clubs started again this week which the children always love. The long awaited ‘Mills’ baby has still not arrived although there are signs that it is on its way which is why he has been absent today. We will inform you as soon as we know exactly what is happening and we will let you know as soon as possible if his after school clubs are running. I know this situation is inconvenient but I am sure that you will all understand given the circumstances.

We have a bank holiday coming up so we all have a long weekend to look forward to which is always nice. As I have a course I have to attend on Tuesday I will not be back into school until Wednesday (I am not taking an extra- long weekend) so if anyone needs to see me they will have to wait until then. I will be at the Brookmans Park May Day Event on Saturday as some of our children our performing a maypole dance at 2.30pm so if you have some free time do pop up to watch them as it is a lovely event.

If I do not see you on Saturday I hope you all enjoy the extended weekend. Let us hope that the sun shines and everyone returns feeling refreshed and invigorated on Tuesday, 6th May.

No comments: