Friday 19 September 2014


I found it hard to believe that it was time to write my blog again because the week has just flown by. I have had a lot of meetings to attend so you may not have seen a lot of me but I can assure you I have been working.

One of the more pleasant tasks that I did this week was to go with some members of Year 5 and 6 to the ‘Lochinver Maths Challenge’. Both sets of children had a most enjoyable time and I am pleased to say that we did well in both competitions. Year 5 finished third in their category and Year 6 finished an impressive first. Let us hope that this is the first of many victories for the school this year.

Next week in school is going to be a very exciting one because we are having a Spanish Week. As I explained in my newsletter this is to make the children more aware of Spanish culture as this is now the language we teach in school. I know the children are going to have a great time and we are ending the week with a ‘Red and Yellow Day, which are the colours of the Spanish flag. Do not worry if you cannot dress the children totally in those colours - as long as they have one item that will be sufficient.

The fine weather still seems to be hanging on so enjoy it while you can because autumn in full force will soon be upon us – we have already had a little taste with the misty mornings and the storm during the night. Even when the weather changes we still have lots to look forward to in school such as the Harvest Festival and the Bonfire Night so there will still be plenty to keep us cheery. Have a nice weekend.

No comments: