Thursday 26 March 2015

I am publishing my blog a little earlier this week because I am out on Thursday and Friday attending educational courses. Hopefully everything will be fine in my absence but if there is a problem Mrs Zegallo is in charge of the school.

School has felt quite full this week because there were so many children out on trips last week. Years 3, 4 and 5 have been very busy rehearsing for their school production which is ‘Aladdin’. I have yet to see it as the dress rehearsal for the school is on Monday but I have heard a lot of the singing as I have been moving around the school and it sounds really good. I know that all the parents who are going to be watching it next week are in for a treat and I look forward to seeing many of you there. 

May I remind you again that Little Heath or pre-school children are not allowed to watch the production on Wednesday evening. Last year some parents had to miss the performance because they had not followed the guidance on their ticket letter.

As well as the production of ‘Aladdin’ we have ‘Open Afternoon’ in school next week. As most of you know this is on Wednesday and runs from 3.00pm – 4.30pm. This is an opportunity for parents to come into the school and observe all the learning that the children have covered during the half-term. We start the event during school hours because many children like to share their work with their parents. The ‘Open Afternoon’ is only for the parents of pupils from Year 1 - Year 6 as foundation parents can see their children’s work at any time.

When I write my blog next week we will breaking up for the Easter holiday. Remember that on the last day of term (Thursday, April 2nd) school finishes at 2.00pm and children are due to return to school on Tuesday, 21st April.    

No comments: