Friday 19 June 2015


I cannot believe I am writing my blog again because it does not seem 5 minutes since I wrote the last one – the weeks are certainly flying by at the moment.  Summer also seems to have finally arrived and I am actually into my summer wardrobe. I do not like to feel the cold and I have to be really assured that it is going to be warm before I cast aside my winter woollies –I hope my optimism has not been misplaced.

Plans for the Summer Fayre on July 4th are now well underway and I know it is going to be a brilliant day – hopefully the weather will be kind to us. I would like to thank everyone for the donations that were sent in last week - your generosity will certainly help to make the fayre a success. Every Friday between now and July 4th the PTA will be putting out a table at the beginning and end of the school day so that people can purchase the wristbands in advance for the fair rides. We still need more support to help run the stalls on July 4th so if you are able to help please let the PTA members know on Friday and they will give you a job. Remember that the more money the school raises the more the children’s learning will benefit through excellent resources and accommodation.

Next week on Friday it is Sports Day. I have had one or two parents who still think it is Thursday 25th June as opposed to Friday 26th June but I have checked my newsletters and I did inform parents on February 5th that it was changed to June 26th. The KS1 event will be in the morning and starts at approximately 9.15am and the KS2 event is in the afternoon and starts at 1.30pm. Parents, family and friends are all most welcome to come attend and support your child. It is run as a carousel event with some track events at the end. I would like to remind everyone that for the track events you need to stay behind the temporary fence that we put up so that we can ensure the safety of the children.

The School Council are in the process of raising money to help purchase more play equipment for the playground. To help them do this they would like to a hold a ‘Bake Sale’ on Sports Day. If you would like to support them with this they would be grateful if you could sent in cakes and biscuits for them to sell on Sports Day. As a number of our children suffer from food allergies we would be grateful if you could list the ingredients they contain. You may send the baked goods into school on either Thursday 25th June or on the morning of the 26th.

That is all for now. Hopefully the fine weather will last over the weekend and I will see you all again on Monday.

No comments: