Friday 23 October 2015


I know I have said this before but I cannot believe it is a whole week since I was writing my last blog. It has been so busy this week that I am really glad it is half term. As well as the parent consultations a lot of the teachers have been out on training courses and we have had Sharing Assembly and the Year 5 Assembly.

I have had only positive comments about the consultations. During the autumn consultations I am involved with Year 6 meetings so it means that I do not get out and about to talk to parents as I have to remain in my office. Hopefully you are all happy with how your child has settled into their new school year and with how their learning is progressing but if you do have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact the class teacher or myself.

Unfortunately, due to a meeting I had to attend, I was not present for our first Sharing assembly of the year but Mr Spring informed me that it went very well. I do hate missing these because they are totally organised by the pupils which I think is a great thing for them to do and I also like to know which aspects of their learning that the pupils feel proud of. I hope I do not have to miss the next one which will be near Christmas.

Luckily, I did get to see the Year 5 Assembly which was an assembly totally written by the children based on some of the activities they covered during ‘Maths Week’. I found it very informative as well as entertaining and I would like to thank all of Year 5 as well as Miss Kenwell and Miss Davison for all their efforts in putting it together. Mrs Fordham also helped out a little bit and we have been glad to have her back in school as she has been absent for half a term. After the holiday she will be returning to Year 5 as the class teaching assistant and Miss Davies will be moving to Year 1 due to Mrs Holden’s departure which I mentioned in my newsletter.

After the half term break we will again be selling poppies in school for the Royal British Legion charity. This is something that we always support as we think it is a most worthwhile cause and this year as well as the usual poppies they have provided us with items more suited to children such as wristbands, slap rulers and reflectors. These items have all been priced between 50p and £1 so if you would like your child to purchase any you will need to provide them with money from Tuesday onwards in the first week back. The children will be able to see what is available to purchase on the first Monday back.

All that is left for me to do now is to wish you all a lovely half term and I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday, November 2nd. As I have to attend a meeting out of school on that morning I will not be at the gate to greet you all on your return but I will catch up with you all later. We have lots to look forward to when we get back starting with the Bonfire Night on Saturday, November 7th.

No comments: