Friday 20 November 2015


I am glad to still be here after all the wind we have had this week. Although I was not blown away by it (it would take a very strong wind to do that) I did have my journey to school disrupted by a fallen tree across the road but I suppose if that is the worst that has happened to me I should not complain.

It has been another busy week in school because as well as all the usual lessons we have had Anti –Bullying Week and preparations for Christmas are underway. Rehearsals have started for our Christmas productions and all the preparation for our Frost Fayre on Saturday, December 5th has started. As was explained in the letter that was sent out to you this week we are collecting teddy bears on Monday,23rd December  and then on Friday, 27th November the children are allowed to come to school in their normal clothes as long as they bring in some chocolate or wine for a tombola stall at the fayre. We are also asking for a donation to be brought into class on any day to put into the Christmas food hampers which will be raffled on the day of the Frost Fair. The last day for bringing in these items is November 27th.   I know we are relying on your generosity to make the event a success but you have never let us down in the past and remember, the more money that we raise the more your child will benefit. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the ‘Friends of Little Heath’ for all the hard work they are putting in to organising the ‘Frost Fayre’.

This time last week it was ‘Children in Need’ and although we do not make a big deal of it in our school I am pleased to inform you that we raised nearly a hundred pounds from our collection. Thank you again for donating your small change to such a worthy cause.

I am going to help prepare for the ‘Anti-Bullying Bake Sale’ and also watch the surprise the children have prepared for you. By the time you read this you will have seen the surprise so I hope you all enjoyed it. Things are starting to get a little hectic in the build up to Christmas so perhaps everyone should try and take it easy this weekend because it may be the last opportunity to do so until after Christmas. I have heard rumours that there will be snow so that will please all the children. If it does come I hope that all the roads are clear by Monday so everyone can get to school easily. Have a good weekend.

No comments: