Friday 22 January 2016


As I explained in my blog last week I had to be out of school quite a bit this week because of courses and meetings so it actually feels quite nice to be sat at my desk working. Next week looks just as busy so again I will be missing from the gate in the morning on a couple of occasions although I will actually be in the school building more than this week.

 The choir are now getting very excited because they are performing at the O2 next week as part of a ‘Young Voices’ concert. I am also very excited as I am going to the concert although I think I am more nervous than the choir about the singing. They have been practising for months and have worked very hard to get ready for the concert and I know they will represent the school well. I would like to thank Miss Kenwell and Mrs Robinson for all the work they done in preparing the choir for the concert.

As well as the O2 concert next week we have other exciting things going on in school. We have a theatre company visiting us and they are going to perform a play  about anti–bullying to Year 2 and above. We are fortunate in this school that we do not have too many incidents of unacceptable or bullying behaviour but it is always good to reinforce the message that it is unacceptable and ensure that the children do know what to do if it happens.

I hope you all have a good weekend. Apparently we are getting the wet weather back which is a real shame because I have enjoyed the frosty weather even though it has been a shock getting used to the cold.

No comments: