Friday 29 January 2016


I am certainly feeling “that was the week that was” because I do not know where it went. That is probably because I spent Tuesday at the O2 with the choir taking part in the ‘Young Voices’ concert. It was a fantastic event and both the children who took part and the parents who watched it thought it was amazing. The children in the choir were also a great credit to the school with how they behaved and conducted themselves. Some of them are taking part in a second concert at the Wembley Arena in March and if the experience is half as good as the O2 event they are in for a great treat!

Speaking of great experiences I realise that I forgot to mention in my blog last week the Year 3 Assembly. It was all about the ‘Stone Age’ which is a topic they have been covering in history and the children presented it brilliantly. I was amazed at the number of lines some of the children had learned - especially as some of the words were really difficult to pronounce. As well as thanking the children I would also like to thank Mrs Costi and Mrs Clarke for all the hard work they put in to make the assembly possible. They were also thrilled by all the positive comments that they got back from parents.

Yesterday the children In Year 2 and above watched a play called ‘Sticks and Stones’ and it was all about ‘anti-bullying’. As I said last week luckily we do not have too many incidences of unacceptable behaviour in the school but it is always good to reinforce the message about what is acceptable and what you should do if you feel you are being bullied. Something that I would like to reinforce is that I get a number of parents who come to see me because their children have told them about something that has happened at school when they get home. Whilst the parents are quite correct in reporting the incident to the school it would be far better if the child could report it as soon as it happens because it makes it far easier to investigate something at the time it has just happened. If everyone could talk to their children to reinforce this point I would appreciate it.

I find it hard to believe that it is February next week and it is almost half- term – before we know it we will be breaking up for the summer holidays! Let us hope we see some sun this weekend and I will see you all again on Monday.

No comments: