Friday 15 January 2016


There was great excitement in school this week as the first flurry of snow appeared. I think all the children were hoping that there was going to be enough snow so they could have snowball fights and hopefully a ‘Snow Day’ at home but thankfully that did not happen and we managed a complete week in school. Even if more snow does appear, I hope we will not have to miss any days at school but may I just remind you that if we do need to close the school for any reason we will inform you by text at soon as we know that we have to close. This is not a decision I take lightly and I always try to keep the school open.

As we are in the middle of winter we have had some of the children suffering from seasonal colds and viruses and I know that that is not always pleasant for them. However, may I remind you that children are not allowed to bring any medication into school with them, including cough sweets and lozenges. If you would like the children to receive any medication during the day then you need to come and give it to them yourselves. We are only allowed to administer medications in schools for chronic conditions and if we need to do that the correct paperwork has to be completed beforehand.

Next week is a very busy week in school for me and I have a lot of meetings to attend outside of school so if you do not see me around I am still working - I am not having a sneaky day at home so I do not have to come out in the cold. If I am not around and there is an issue you need to discuss with me remember that you can always talk to my deputy Mrs Zegallo or make an appointment to see me at another time.

 

 

No comments: