Friday 12 February 2016


Another busy week in school but at least we have a week’s break to recover although with the weather forecast it looks like we may have to stay indoors –luckily I will not be in the horrible position of deciding whether or not I have to close the school because the roads are too dangerous for people to travel on.

On Wednesday Richard Maskrey was in school to talk to most of the school about safe usage of the internet. I was not in on the day but all the teachers tell me he was very good and got the message across to the children about what they need to do to keep themselves safe. He was a little shocked at the number of children who admitted using inappropriate social networking sites but he did tell them that they should all close them down when they got home so let us hope that they did. Richard is coming into school for one last time on February 22nd to run an e-Safety session for parents. As I informed you in my newsletter it will run from 9.15am – 10.15am. I think this will be a really useful session and I hope as many parents as possible will attend.  Thank you to all the parents who have taken the time to participate in the e-Safety survey. If you have not already done so, there is still time to take part, just follow the link that was emailed to you earlier this week. 

Yesterday in school there was great excitement because we had all our ‘Valentine’s Discos’. These are always very popular events and the children really enjoy them. I would like to thank the PTA for organising them and all my staff who helped them run the events. Let us hope that ‘Valentine’s Day’ on Sunday is as enjoyable for us as it was for them yesterday.

As I said earlier it is half term next week but when we come back after it is another action packed week.  There is the internet safety session as I have already discussed, we have a Sharing Assembly on Thursday 25th February and then on the Friday 26th February the school nurse is holding a drop – in session for parents from 8.45am – 10.00am so I will meet a lot of parents in school which is always nice.

Have a great half term and I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday, 22nd February.

 

 

No comments: