Friday 4 March 2016


I mentioned in my blog last week that it was going to be an action-packed week in school and it certainly has. I did not realise that I was going to be out of school so much this week - I feel as if I should have left a photograph of myself so that people in school could remember what I looked like!

Yesterday there was great excitement in school as it was ‘World Book Day’. Thank you for putting the children in such great costumes - they looked amazing!  The ‘Welwyn and Hatfield Times’ came to take pictures of the children but when they arrived they only wanted a couple of groups consisting of 3/4  children and we did not think this was very fair so we sent them away. The teachers did take photographs of all the children so hopefully you will be able to see these on the class blogs.

On Wednesday the choir performed at the Wembley arena as part of a ‘Voice in a Million’ concert. It was a very long day for the children but they all sang really well and did the school proud. A lot of the parents of the choir came to watch and found it to be a very enjoyable experience. I would like to thank Miss Kenwell and Mrs Robinson for all their hard work in preparing the choir for the occasion.

I am sad to announce that Mrs Edwards from the school office is leaving as she has decided to retire. I know you will join with me in thanking her for all she has done for Little Heath and wish her well for the future. She will be leaving us at the end of this term and after Easter Mrs Jo Munn will be joining us in the school office.

That is all for now. Next week looks less jam-packed than this week but when I think that it rarely turns out that way. Have a great weekend!    

No comments: