Thursday 24 March 2016


It feels very surreal today because it is almost Easter and we are not breaking up for the end of term – I hope I remember to come in on Tuesday. I have to admit though it is good to have a mini-break before the main holiday.

The Easter break did get off to a good start at school with the Easter Egg Hunt organised by the PTA. A lot of children took part and although I was unable to attend I have had loads of good feedback from them. There was also an Easter bonnet competition and the standard was so high that they had to award two prizes. I certainly think that the children hope that this will become an annual event. I would like to thank all the members of the PTA who once again gave up their time to host an event for the school. They certainly help improve the quality of the extended curriculum at Little Heath as well as raising money to improve the quality of provision for our pupils.   

Even though it is only a short week next week there are still plenty of things going on in school. There is the much anticipated performance of ‘Hoodwinked’ which is being put on by Years 3, 4 and 5. I have been present for some of the rehearsals and it is a very good show. I know all the children are very eager to perform it for their families and friends and I know you are all going to enjoy it. May I remind you that as seating is limited no pupils from Little Heath can come to the Thursday night performance so please do not bring them with you because you will not be able to stay for the show.  All the pupils in the school will see ‘Hoodwinked’ on Tuesday. Pre-school children are able to attend the Wednesday afternoon performance.

As well as ‘Hoodwinked’ we have a ‘Sharing Assembly’ on Friday morning and an ‘Open Afternoon’ on Wednesday afternoon. We also have some classes attending the last of our horse riding sessions which are another thing which have been hugely popular with the children. Many of them are wanting to take up horse-riding which justifies our expenditure on the activity as we have encouraged the children to want to take up a sporting activity. I would like to thank Mrs Robinson and Mr Mills for organising the horse-riding for the pupils.

Enjoy your long weekend. I hope the Easter bunny pays you a visit and I will see you all again on Tuesday morning – possibly looking a little plumper after consuming lots of chocolate Easter eggs.

No comments: