Monday 4 April 2016


The Spring Break is finally here after a very busy week in school. Although a four day week sounds great I find you are trying to fit five days work into four so you can feel like you are chasing your tail a little bit.

The highlight of the week has been the Year 3, 4 and 5 production of ‘Hoodwinked’. It was an excellent show and the children put on a great performance. It certainly helped the end of term go out with a bang and everyone who saw it told me how much they enjoyed it. I would like to thank all the staff who have been involved in putting the performance on for all their efforts - without it the show would not have been possible. I would like to also give a special mention to Mrs Lambe who made most of the costumes and who was assisted in this by Mrs Holden. A lot of people mentioned to me how good the costumes looked and they certainly helped add extra polish to the production.

Some more of the classes have also been horse riding and this event has certainly been a huge success and a hit with the children. I do not think that I have spoken to any child who did not enjoy the experience and even though it was many of the children’s first experience on a horse they do not want it to be their last. It would be amazing if in years to come one of the children became a world class show jumper or eventer and they could thank us for giving them the ‘bug’ with their first experience on a horse.

Thursday was a sad day in Little Heath because Mrs Edwards has retired. As I mentioned in an earlier newsletter she has been replaced by Mrs Jo Munn who had a previous connection with the school as a parent. Mrs Edwards has asked me to thank everyone for their kind wishes.

When the children return after the holiday it is the summer term which means they can wear their summer uniform although could you please keep their winter uniform for their class photographs which are on Monday, 25th April.  I hope you all have a great holiday and I look forward to seeing you all refreshed and invigorated on Tuesday, 19th April.

No comments: