Thursday 26 May 2016


 For those of you who regularly drop off your children in the morning you must think that I have not been in school this week because, apart from Monday, I have not been at the school gate. May I assure you that I have not taken an early holiday but I have had 3 morning meetings off the premises this week which has meant that I have not been highly visible in school.  After the half-term break this is not the case though and I will be back on the gate in the morning as usual which I love because it means I get to see all of the children every day.

While I was typing this blog I had a parent come to see me with the disappointing news that some of our parents are parking in the disabled places in the church car park without disabled passes. This is against the law and the people doing this risk been reported to the police. It is very good of the church to allow us to use their car park at the start and the end of the school day but if we keep abusing the privilege they may renege on this agreement.

I cannot believe that it is the half term break already as this half term has flown by. They do say that time flies when you are enjoying yourself so that must be a good sign. If the next half term goes as quickly it will be the summer holidays before we know it. The last half of the summer term is always busy but it is filled with exciting events such as Sports Day on June 23rd and the PTA Summer Fayre on July 2nd.  These are always highlights in the school calendar and are enjoyed by everyone who attends them. Let us hope that the sun shines on these days because it always helps to make them more enjoyable occasions.

I know all the year 6 children are hoping for sunshine the first week after half term because this is when they go on their residential trip to a Kingswood Activity Centre. This year they are going to the Isle of Wight so they have the added bonus of going on a ferry this year (and another reason to hope for sunshine). They are being accompanied by Mrs Zegallo, Mr Spring and Mrs Ilott and I think they would be happy with mediocre weather as long as they get some sleep! Joking aside, I know everyone will have a great time and for the Year 6 it will be another memorable event in their time at Little Heath which unfortunately will also be coming to the end this term but we will not dwell on this at the moment. 

All that is left for me to do now is wish you a great half term and I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday. 6th June.

.

No comments: