Thursday 19 May 2016


I am publishing my blog a day earlier this week as I am on a course tomorrow (I am not giving myself a four day weekend). As I mentioned in my last blog hopefully there will be no issues but if there is something you would like to discuss with me you can make an appointment to see me next week or you could ask to speak to Mrs Zegallo.

In the summer term we always allow the children to play on the field (if the weather permits) which the children love because it gives them so much more space to run around in but one of the problems is that many more of them leave their jumpers lying around. When I was on playground duty I picked up a big bundle of them but sadly I was only able to return less than half of them because they had no name in. Can I please remind you that all of the children’s uniform should be clearly labelled so that any lost item can be returned to them.  Next week we will also be putting the lost property outside so you can see it when you either drop off or pick up your child. If your child has lost some uniform this term it would be a good idea to see if it is there. If it is not collected by Thursday we will be donating it to charity.

Next week is also quite special because we only have a four day week as we have an INSET day on Friday. Before that we have a lot to pack in as it is Sharing Assembly on Monday morning and we have Open Afternoon on Wednesday for Years 1 – 6. If your child is taking part in Sharing Assembly you will have already received a letter to let you know. The Open Afternoon is an opportunity for you to share the learning that your child has covered this half-term. We start it at 3.00pm because we think it is a good idea for your child to be able to share their learning with you. I hope to see many of you there.

Have a great weekend !

No comments: