Friday 13 May 2016


We had a lovely end to the week with the Reception assembly this morning. I am always amazed at how well they perform when they are so young. All the parents really enjoyed it and what was great to see was that the children enjoyed it as well. These assemblies do not just happen and a lot of hard work and preparation has gone into this morning’s assembly so I would like to thank Miss Jaeger, Mrs Aldridge, Miss Russon and Miss Southwell for all their efforts in putting it together.

Those of you who have had to come into the school in the last couple of weeks you will have noticed our growing mountain of bags in the entrance hall which were our collection of old clothes and shoes for our ‘Bags to School ‘ appeal. They were finally collected this week and I am glad to say that the school received a donation of £136.00 which is a very nice amount for a lot of old clothes. I would like to thank everyone who sent in a donation and to Mrs Holden for organising the collection.

I know I usually discuss school affairs in this blog but I thought I must just mention a lovely sight that I saw on the school field this week. I have known for a long time that we have a school fox as we sometimes see it during the day when it wanders the field when no-one is around. I thought I saw it again this week lying in the long grass when it suddenly moved but instead of being one fox it was a bundle of fox cubs. There were six in total and it was lovely to stand and watch them roll around and play with each other. Some of the after-school children saw them as well and were as delighted as I was to see them. It made me feel very lucky to work in a place where I am able to see such amazing wild life.

The weather is apparently going to change this weekend and it is going to get a little colder – let us hope that is not the end of our summer. Next week I have a lot of meetings and courses to attend so you may not see a lot of me in school. Remember if I am not around and you need to see me you can make an appointment to see me at a later date or you can ask to speak to my deputy Mrs Zegallo.

No comments: