Friday 1 July 2016


I know I probably say the same thing at this time of year but I cannot believe how little of the term is left. It is always so busy and I have so many meetings to attend and paperwork to complete that I need at least another 3 weeks more of term. My view would probably not be popular with the children but they do not need to worry because there is no chance that I will get my way.

I am typing this in the midst of preparations for our Summer Fayre. The PTA have worked very hard to put this event together and it looks like the weather is going to be kind to us which is great news. I hope to see as many of you there as possible because the more money we raise the better quality of education we can provide for your child. I will let you know how much money we raise as soon as I find out.

 I know many of you are going to be inconvenienced by next Tuesday’s strike action but the reason that it is taking place is because there have been so many cutbacks that many people who work in education are worried about how we are going to sustain the quality of learning that your child deserves . There are already some schools that are having to make cutbacks and in the near future we could be joining them unless something changes drastically. The NUT members have decided overwhelmingly to take action (and other unions could be following them) which is why we will only be open for one class next Tuesday. I could only totally close the school if I could not guarantee the safety of the remaining children on health and safety grounds and I can ensure this so we have to open.

Next week I will not be in on Monday and as many of you will not be here on Tuesday I will see all of you again on Wednesday. If you do need to contact me regarding any matters I will be here on Tuesday or you can make an appointment to see me at a convenient time. However, hopefully I will see you all at the fayre on Saturday. I will either be walking around or based at the sand pictures stall.

No comments: