Friday 7 October 2016


I have had a lot of meetings this week and I had to be out for a day’s training so I do not feel that I have been in school much this week and I cannot believe it is Friday. I am also attending the Hertfordshire Primary Heads’ Conference next week so that means I will only be around in school until Wednesday morning. By attending the conference it ensures that I am up to date with all current educational developments in Hertfordshire.

I was also slightly shocked this week when people were discussing arrangements for the half term holiday because I thought that was ages away but it will be in two weeks’ time –where has all the time gone. Before we get there though we do have a Sharing Assembly to look forward to on October 17th and then we have the Year 5 assembly on October 21st. If your child is taking part in the Sharing Assembly on the 17th you will receive a letter to inform you next week.

The weather has been very kind to us on the whole but I am sure that in the next couple of weeks it will start to be more autumnal – I have already noticed the difference in mornings when it has been quite cold. Some of you have already put your children in their winter uniform but after the half term all children will need to be wearing it. May I please make a plea now that all the Year 3s who have never worn a tie do spend some time practising before they wear one in school and can I remind all parents that all uniform needs to have the child’s name in it and it needs to be in a place where it can be easily found. I have still been picking up a lot of uniform this week that is not labelled

Can I also ask everyone to check when their child has PE as there are still too many children who are coming in without PE kit. I have mentioned this before but PE uniform should be brought in on a Monday and kept in the school until Friday – it does not need to be washed after every session. It is better to wear a less than pristine PE kit for a lesson than no PE kit at all. I am thinking of introducing consequences for children who persistently forget.

As I mentioned earlier I will be out of school from Wednesday afternoon next week but in my absence Mrs Zegallo will be in charge so if you have any concerns you can see her, or you can make an appointment at the office to see me the following week.  I hope you have a great weekend and I will see you all again on Monday.

No comments: