Friday 25 November 2016


As I predicted in my blog last week it has been a really busy day in school today. It started with the Year 4 assembly this morning which was based on the history of Potters Bar. The children had planned and prepared it themselves and everyone I spoke to said how much they enjoyed it. I would like to thank all the children for putting on such a good assembly and I would also like to thank Ms Hassan and Miss Davis for all their efforts in supporting them.

The children were extra excited today because they had two big things going on in school today. The first was that it was a ‘Mufti Day’ and so they did not have to wear their uniform and in exchange for that they had to bring in a donation for our Christmas Bazaar which is next Friday.  The other event was the ‘Big Draw’ for which we invited parents in to draw with their children. I have spoken to some parents who joined us for this and they did say that they found it a most enjoyable experience.

As I mentioned above it is our Christmas Bazaar next Friday. It runs from 2pm – 5pm and everyone is invited to join us during this time. Lessons will be continuing as normal for the children but if you are arriving at the bazaar before the end of the school day and you want your child to join you then you can collect then from their classroom. If you cannot get to the bazaar before the end of the school day then the children will be dismissed at the normal time. After school club will be running as normal as well but on this day it will be based in the nursery. I hope this clarifies any misunderstanding that some parents may have had.

I have noticed recently that a few children in KS2 are coming into school without their ties. Ties are part of school uniform and need to be worn. The children tell me they have misplaced them and cannot find them and so can I also ask, as I have mentioned before, that all uniform is labelled clearly so that we can return any missing item to your child.

That is all for now. I hope you have a lovely weekend but I know that in the run up to Christmas weekends can get very busy with all the preparations that are necessary for the festive season. I hope you do manage to get some rest though and I look forward to seeing many of you at our bazaar next Friday.

No comments: