Thursday 26 January 2017


I am publishing my blog early because I am on a course tomorrow. Unfortunately this means that I am going to miss the Year 3 assembly which had to be rearranged as Mrs Costi was unwell but I am sure it will be great and I will hear only good things about it on Monday.

As some of you already know tomorrow is going to be a sad day in Little Heath because Miss Sofjan is leaving us. She is leaving the education sector to start a totally new career and although this is exciting for her she is also sad to be leaving the school and all the children. She has been a great asset to Little Heath and we will miss her but do wish her every success for the future.  Her replacement, Mrs Sharon Horsewood , will be joining us after the February half term.

As you will have read in my newsletter this week we are very excited because we are going to have the nursery building replaced by a new foundation block so that will mean that the nursery and reception children will be educated in the same building. This is something that we have wanted for a long time and we only got definite confirmation that it was going ahead last Friday. Although it will mean some disruption for the school and pupils I know that all the inconvenience will be worthwhile when the new building is complete. All work is going to be starting in the Easter holidays (although there will be some preparation on March 31st – the last day of the spring term) and should all be finished by the May half term. When this is completed we will then be able to convert the spare classroom into a dedicated D&T/Science room which will replace the outdoor classroom that we were fundraising for a couple of years ago but is now no longer required because of the new foundation block.

That is all for now. I am hoping that it becomes a little warmer this weekend because I have really noticed the cold this week. I am just hoping that this cold spell gets rid of all the germs because we have had a lot of illness in school recently. I will see you all again on Monday.

No comments: