Friday 3 February 2017


I had to double check my dates when I realised that half term is at the end of next week. I know that this has been a short half- term but the fact that it is already February is unbelievable –it is going to be Easter before we know it. It is good to think that warm weather is just around the corner (hopefully).

It has been quite a straightforward week in school this week but there are plenty of events to look forward to next week. We start off on Monday with our Sharing Assembly which is always something I enjoy as I look forward to seeing all the children share work they are proud of. Then on Wednesday we have our ‘Open afternoon’ when all parents can come and share the learning that the children have covered this half term – even though it has just been a short one. On Thursday we are holding our annual ‘Valentines Discos’. KS1 starts at 5.00pm until 6.00pm and then the KS2 event starts at 6.15pm – 7.15pm. The entrance is £3 which also includes a snack and a drink and there will be a ‘Valentine’s Raffle’ for which the children will need some extra money. The children always enjoy this event as we also include some games as well as dancing so I hope to see as many of them there as possible.

Next Thursday is also the closing date for getting the forms back for the Rotary Sponsored Swim.  As I said in the letter that I sent out earlier this is a really good event for the children to take part in and it raises money for both charity and the school. I hope that many children decide they would like to take part in this. If they do not have a team they do not need to worry because if they return the form showing an interest we will find a team to put them in.

I will be out of school next Wednesday afternoon and all day Thursday on courses (but I will be back for the Valentine’s Discos). If there is an issue you need to discuss, Mrs Zegallo will be in school or you can make an appointment to meet with me on my return.

Have a great weekend and I will see you all again on Monday.

No comments: