Friday 31 March 2017


I can hardly believe that we break up for Easter today – it hardly seems two minutes since we were breaking up for Christmas. It has been a relatively short term but I am glad that we are having a holiday. Some of the children appear very tired and I have certainly had a larger than average amount of disputes to sort out this week which always happens at the end of a term. I am sure that after the break they will all come back eager and ready for anything.

Last week was Red Nose Day and I did say that I would let you know how much we raised once we had added up how much money was collected. We raised an impressive £320.20 and I would like to thank all the people who gave so generously to the appeal. 

The highlight of this week has been ‘Pirates of the Currybean’ which was the show put on by the Years 3, 4 and 5. It was an excellent production and everyone who watched it said how much they enjoyed it - the children really did themselves proud. As I said at the performance a production like that takes a lot of hard work to put together and so I would like to thank all the staff in Years 3, 4 and 5 for all their efforts in putting the show together and making it such a memorable experience for the pupils and parents.

At the end of the show we did a retiring collection for Cancer Research. This is because two girls in Year 4 have decided to do their own sponsored event to raise money for this cause and we thought it would be a good idea to support them. The school collected £283.16 and when we know what the overall total is we let you know.

You will all have realised that the builders have arrived and the layout of the entrance has changed and this will remain in place after the Easter holidays. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. I look forward to seeing you all again on Wednesday, 19th April.

  

No comments: