Friday 21 July 2017


The end of another year is here and I cannot believe it – it seems to have passed by in an instant.  I can honestly remember distinctly the end of last year and it just seems like last month .  I am looking forward to the holiday and I will be somewhere very hot this time next week (or at least I hope it will be).

Today, as always, has been dominated by the Year 6 leaving. There have been tears but there has been mainly excitement as they prepare for the next stage of their educational journey. We, of course, will miss them but we hope that we have done a good job in preparing them for secondary school life and I have to say that I am confident that these children will be fine. It has been a pleasure having them in the school and I hope that they feel the same about their time in Little Heath.

It is also sad for us because we are losing Mrs Hopkins and her family as she is returning to her native Canada. She has been a real asset to the school and I am so grateful for all she has done for the school -her support and devotion to Little Heath has been much appreciated.

I have also been fortunate to receive a number of gifts from children and parents and I would like to thank them all for their kindness and generosity. All that is left for me now is to wish you all a lovely holiday. I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday, September 4th.

No comments: