Friday 29 September 2017


After a very busy morning at our Harvest Festival it is actually quite a treat to sit down and type up my blog. As usual our Harvest Festival was well attended and the children performed their songs very well. I really enjoyed listening to the new songs and I hope all our parents did as well. I would like to thank Mrs Gwinnett, Mrs Robinson and Mr Spring for all the work they did in preparing the children for this morning. I would also like to thank the PTA for serving all the refreshments – without their support many of the events we run in school would not be possible. Last, but certainly not least, I would like to thank all our lovely parents for helping to make the event such a success. Your generosity through your donations of cakes and in the money you gave this morning is much appreciated. As you know the charity we are supporting this year is the NSPCC and I will inform you of the total when I know how much we have raised.

The ‘Book Fair’ arrived in school this week which is always greeted by great excitement from the children. Although they have sent us slightly fewer books this year there is still quite a good selection for the children to choose from.  You will be able to purchase books from the fair after school until Tuesday. Remember that the more money we raise the more books we can purchase for the school.

Next week the builders, although much delayed, will be coming into school to start the work on our heating and water system. Although to begin with it will not be too intrusive it will have an impact on our daily timetable but it will only be temporary and the school will be much improved. Once they arrive I will have a better idea of how the work is going to proceed (they have changed their original plans) I will be able to give you more information.

Next week is the annual ‘Primary Headteachers’ Conference’ and so I will not be around for the second half of the week. If there is an issue you would like to discuss with me you can make an appointment to see me the following week or you could speak to Mrs Zegallo in my absence. It also means that there will not be a head teacher’s blog next week.

I hope you all have a pleasant weekend. Do not forget on Monday morning that the school photographer is coming in to take individual photographs of the children so you may want them to take extra care with their appearance.

No comments: