Friday 8 September 2017


It is the end of the first week and it feels like we have been back forever. I always get amazed at how quickly systems all fall back into place and it is like we have never been away. The children appear very happy to be back at school (I do not know how they are at home) and when I had a visitor from county walking around the school on Tuesday she was very impressed by the very calm atmosphere that was across the school. She did ask if it was like that all the time and I had to tell her that it was – I do feel lucky to work in a school where there is very little disruption during the day from the children.

All the extra-curricular clubs start next week. The forms for the activities should have been returned to school by now but if you are a little late still return the form to the office and we will see if there is a place available for your child. May I remind everyone that if your child cannot attend a club that the teacher of that club needs to be informed – your child cannot just not turn up because they do not feel like it.

I have also noticed that some children have not had all the items of their PE kit in this week. Children should bring in their full PE and games kit in on a Monday and it should not be taken home before the following Friday. It is not essential that children have their kits washed after every session and it is definitely better to have a dirty PE than no PE at all.

That is all for now. I am a little disappointed that we have not had the ‘Indian summer’ we normally get at this time of year but there is still time for it to come. I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday.

No comments: