Friday 8 December 2017


The season of cheer and goodwill is definitely upon us and the children are all very excited which means that my goodwill is sometimes stretched.  Our Christmas activities began yesterday with our Christmas CafĂ©. This is always a popular event and is especially popular with the children because Father Christmas makes an appearance. Once again I would like to thank our amazing PTA for all their efforts in making such an event possible and I would like to thank everyone who attended and helped to make the event such a success. When I know how much is raised I will let you all know.

At the end of the last academic year I informed you that we were having lots of renovations carried out internally and that there could be lots of disruption in school. As many of you may have realised this has not quite happened and although we have had workmen on site the work carried out has not been as extensive as I described. This is because county are having to review the project as it is going to cost a lot more than they first anticipated. There has also been a change of leadership for the project so it has been difficult to find out exactly what is going on but I have been promised that communication will be better in the future. They are going to carry out a condition survey in the new year and when they have finally decided what they are going to do I will let you know. We were going to convert our spare classroom into a science/technical room but we have had to put this on hold because of the renovations, however if they do not go ahead with all the renovations we will be able to get this project completed quickly.

Next week there are lots of Christmas events happening in school and I did send out a reminder list of these last week to make sure that nobody misses anything. However I am listing them again because I know how frantic things can get at this time of year and how easy it is to mislay pieces of paper. Remember all school clubs are now cancelled until the end of term because of all the other events that are taking place. I hope you all have a great weekend and I am sure that I will see many of you in school next week.

December 11th
Sharing Assembly (9.00am) (children will be notified by letter if they are involved)
December 12th
Foundation and KS1 performance (9.30am)
December 13th
Foundation and KS1 performance (1.30pm)
December 13th
Open Afternoon 3.00pm – 4.30pm
December 14th
School Christmas Dinner
December 15th
Christmas Jumper Day
December 15th
KS2 party (in school hours)
December 18th
Foundation/KS1 parties (in school hours)
December 18th
Pantomime for the whole school (am)
December 18th
KS2 Carol Concert (7.00pm)
December 19th
End of term 2.00pm

No comments: