Friday 8 June 2018


I am typing this blog just before our dance presentation is due to start. The children have enjoyed learning all the traditional dances this week and I am sure that the display will be a real joy to watch. The two instructors, Jane and Jeremy, have been really pleased how all the children have engaged with the activities and having the dance workshops has helped to make the return to school a real pleasure. The children have also enjoyed all the art activities they have been carrying out in class and have produced some really lovely work. If you are at the carnival on Sunday you will be able to see some of the work at the art exhibition. Some of it is also being used for our walking float so if you observe the parade you will be able to see it then. I am also going to be in the walking float so if you see me as I walk past please do give me a wave.

We have had some more good news this week because our girls have won the Potters Bar Girls Football Tournament. Two teams took part and both did very well but when it got to the semi-final stage our ‘A’ and ‘B’ team had to play each other and the ‘ A’ team won. They then had to play Cuffley in the final and beat them 3-0 to win the tournament. I would like to congratulate all the girls who took part on their excellent performance and I would like to thank Mr Mills for coaching the teams so well. The girls football team is also taking part in a football tournament at the carnival on Sunday. The event will be taking place at the Elm Court Youth and Community Centre at approximately 2.30pm.

 

The next big sporting event that we have to look forward to is our own sports day which is on June 21st. The foundation and KS1 children have their event in the morning and the KS2 children have their event in the afternoon. If we are unable to hold it on that day, the reserve date is June 22nd.

 

Next week is another busy one in school. On Monday the photographer is in school to take team photographs so if your child has represented the school in any sporting event this year please ensure that they bring in their team kit on Monday. Year 5 are also doing their cycling proficiency award in school next week so you will see a lot of extra bikes in school. Year 2 are also on a school trip to the Environmental Centre in Watford and I know that they are all looking forward to that.

 

I hope you all have a great weekend. As I said earlier I will be at the Potters Bar Carnival on Sunday so I hope to see lots of you there.

 

No comments: