Friday 15 June 2018


There has been a very casual feel in school today because we have had a ‘mufti-day’ as the children have brought in donations for the summer fayre. As usual you have all been very generous and I would like to thank you all for all your kind offerings. It is only 2 weeks until the summer fayre and I k the children are all really looking forward to it. I know that the PTA would still like some more offers of help so if you can spare an hour on the day, or help with the set up or clearing up, the volunteer sign-up sheets are in the reception area.

Last weekend many of you took part in our walking float in the Potters Bar Carnival. Some members of staff and myself also took part and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. I had never been to the carnival before and I was really impressed by the whole event.  You will have seen all the pictures in our newsletter and how much the children enjoyed themselves. As well as the parade we took part in the art display and our girls played Wroxham boys in an exhibition match. They were supposed to play Cuffley girls but they could not make it and they played the boys instead. The girls put on a very impressive display and even though they were beaten 2-0 this was the same score line that Wroxham beat Pope Paul boys in their final - I think the boys were really surprised at how good our girls were. I would like to thank Mr Mills for organising and refereeing the football match and Mrs Robinson for organising our art display. We will certainly be taking part in the event next year.

I have to attend a lot of meetings next week so I will be missing from the gate in the early part of the week. However, I am sure that I will see many of you at Sports Day or the Governors Breakfast. Both events are due to take place on Thursday but if it rains, Sports Day will be cancelled but the Governors Breakfast will still take place. I hope that many of you can attend the breakfast as it will give you a chance to meet many of the governors and have an informal chat with them. They are really looking forward to it and really want to hear your thoughts about the school and any of your ideas for how we can make it a better experience for your children and yourselves.

The weather has been mostly good this week so let us hope it lasts over the weekend. As I said earlier I will not be at the gate on Monday morning but I will be in school a little later if you need to contact me.

No comments: