Friday 21 September 2018


As I informed you last week I had to be out of school for 2 days so I feel like the week has flown by – I hope you all feel the same. The good thing is that school ran very smoothly without me here or perhaps I should be worried about that because if it runs too well when I am not here people may think that I am superfluous to requirements and I would not like that.

Unfortunately, it does look like we will have to cancel our Harvest Festival this year because the hall will not be finished on time. I am disappointed about this because I do enjoy this event but I would rather the work on the hall was finished well than they rush the job. I will know for certain what is going to happen next week and I will then inform you of the final decision.

Next week we have the Book Fair arriving in school which the children all love. You will be able to purchase books from Thursday 27th September until Tuesday 2nd October and the fair will be open from 3.10pm – 4.00pm. As there is work being carried out in the hall the Book Fair will be in the dining hall this year. If your child attends Kids ’N’ Clubs this will be held in the Foundation block while the Book Fair is in school. In the past the school has always done very well from this event and hopefully it will be the same this year. Remember that the more books you purchase the more funding the school will be awarded to buy books for the library.

That is all for now. Remember, as I informed you in my newsletter, that from Monday, children in Years 1 and 2 will need to be dropped off at their classroom door in the morning. Please may I ask that parents do not accompany them into the classroom and just drop them off at the classroom door to help encourage their independence. I hope you all have a pleasant weekend.

No comments: