Friday 14 September 2018


As I sat down to type this I found it hard to believe that just over a month ago I was still sitting on a lovely, hot beach. It is amazing that even though we have been back in school a little more than a week it feels like we have never been away. All the extra-curricular clubs started again this week so school life has truly returned to normal which is why the holidays are now only a distant memory.

All the clubs appear to be running very smoothly but may I please ask you to check ‘Gateway’ to see which clubs you have signed your child up for. When I took Netball Club this week I had some children on the list that did not want to do netball and I had some turn up who were not on the list. We have managed to sort this out but it is important that we know who is going to attend each club for safety reasons. As I mentioned in my last blog if your child cannot attend a club the person running it needs to know before the club starts. You can ring up and let the office know if your child has to miss a session and they will contact the teacher running the club.

Although we have only been back for a short time I will be out of school next week on Tuesday and Wednesday. I can assure you that I am not on a mini–break but on two separate courses. Hopefully there will be no issues when I am away but if you do have any concerns that you wish to discuss you can make an appointment to see me on my return or you can see Mr. Gradwell, our new deputy head, who will be in charge in my absence.

That is all for now. Next week some of the school teams are taking part in some ‘friendly matches’ (which they will still try to win) and the choir are taking part in a concert at Lochinver School on Friday afternoon so there is plenty to look forward to. Fortunately, we are still having some sunny weather so I hope it lasts so that you can all have a pleasant and relaxing weekend.

No comments: