Friday 7 September 2018


I would like to welcome everyone back to another school year. I know it is difficult getting back into a routine after being away for over six weeks but I am sure that you will all be pleased to hear that the children have all settled well into school. As I explained in my newsletter, our renovations are progressing well but the disruption to the building and not being able to use the hall has not affected the children at all and I am sure that we are all going to enjoy a good year together. I am also pleased to report that although the building work is making it necessary to alter some of our routines, the improvements that have been made to the school so far are making the disruption all worthwhile - as the saying goes ‘You cannot make omelettes without cracking a few eggs’.

Next week all the school clubs start again which all the children look forward to. Although one or two clubs are having their start postponed due to the hall being out of action, we also have a few new ones such as a cooking club starting which means that the children have an even bigger selection to choose from. May I remind parents that if a child is unable to attend the club for some reason then the adult running the club must be informed in advance. If a child has also signed up to a club, they also need to attend and not just not turn up because they do not feel like it on that day. We would ask that if children have committed themselves to an extra–curricular club they should attend it for half a term and then if they feel like it is really not for them they can give it up.

That is all for now. I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday.

No comments: