Saturday 27 October 2018


As I mentioned in my previous blog I was at a head’s conference last week and because of that I really do feel like half term has just suddenly arrived – I cannot believe that we have been at school eight weeks. They do say though that time flies when you are having fun so that must mean that I really enjoy being at Little Heath.

This week has been particularly busy because of all the parent consultations although it has been great to see so many parents in school. All those that I have spoken to appear really happy with the progress their children are making which is good as I know that my teachers work really hard to meet the needs of all your children. May I remind you that if you do have a concern about your child that you do not have to wait for a parent consultation to discuss it. You can make an appointment at any time to discuss your concerns with the class teacher or myself.

We are all really pleased that we will have the use of our school hall after the half term. It has been quite difficult to manage without it for eight weeks but we have succeeded to keep most events running in its absence. The builders are now starting the last phase of the project which includes the music room, the ICT room and the old Year 3 classroom which will become our new ‘tech’ room. The builders are confident that they will be finished by Christmas -two months ahead of schedule- which will be good as the school will be back to normal in the new year. However, they will be returning a little later in the spring term to complete works on the windows in the old part of the building so we will have to experience a little more disruption before the builders are gone for good. We should be pleased that the quality of the building is being improved which helps to improve the quality of the learning experience for your child.

I will not see you all next week as it is half term but I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday, 5th November. May I remind you all that when the children return all the KS2 pupils will need to be in winter uniform. I hope you all have a very enjoyable break.

 

 

No comments: