Friday 12 October 2018


I had to do a double take when I was setting the dates for next week because we are halfway through October – it does not seem like two minutes since the beginning of term. I think the good weather that we are still having is making my mind believe that it is still summer although I was not thinking that at the weekend when I was in Newcastle because autumn has definitely arrived up North.

The highlight in school this week was the presentation to the winner of the fireworks poster. This year it was Alana from Year 4 and she was really delighted to have won. The posters for our annual fireworks event, which is on November 10th, will soon be going up and you will be able to see the winning entry. As always, we did have lots of very good entries but when I put the finalists together there was something about Alana’s design which made it stand out from the rest so well done to her.

Unfortunately, I have to have a little moan about something. A parent has informed the school that two other parents in the small playground were hit in the head with footballs because children were playing football after school. A member of staff also informed me that when they were driving home two balls came into the road and children came out of the playground to retrieve them. Children were also scooting around unsupervised in the playground and they could have knocked somebody over. May I remind everyone that children should not ride any bike or scooter on the school grounds and should dismount from them before coming onto the school premises. Children should also not be playing football in either playground during the morning drop off or during the afternoon pick up. Could you please ensure that your children follow these rules so that nobody else incurs an injury. May I remind you as well that once children have been collected from the classroom they are the responsibility of the adult who collects them.

As I informed you through the newsletter we are holding a themed week around celebrating differences next week. Through this we hope to raise the awareness, tolerance and acceptance levels of the children of the many differences that exist between people in different ways so it should be a very exciting week in school. Unfortunately, I will only be around for half of it because I have to go to a Head’s Conference which starts on Wednesday. As I will not be in school I will not be writing a blog next week. If you have any concerns in my absence Mr Gradwell will be in charge or, if you do wish to speak to me, you can make an appointment to do so on my return.

I hope you all have a great weekend and I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday morning.

No comments: