Friday 23 November 2018


I am starting my blog with good news this week as I can tell you all that we raised an impressive £550 for Children in Need last week. That is the most we have ever made and I would like to thank you all for the money that you donated and the cakes that you sent in to make this possible.

The next big event that we have to look forward to in school is our maths evening on Tuesday evening. This will be presented by Doug Harmer who is a maths consultant for HfL. He has been doing some work with the teachers in school to provide us with some extra strategies and techniques to use in class so we can enrich the maths experience that we provide in school. However, we all know that children’s learning needs the support of the parents and so Doug is going to provide parents with lots of practical ideas to support their children’s mathematical learning at home. The event should last about an hour and even though I know it can be difficult to attend school events during the week I think that anyone who comes will find it very informative and beneficial to their child’s education.

Another event that we have in school next week is the Year 4 assembly. I know that preparations have already started for this and the children are very much looking forward to presenting it to their parents. May I take this opportunity to remind parents that we do allow pre-school children to attend assemblies but we do ask that if they do become distressed or start making a noise that parents remove them from the hall so that they do not disturb the assembly/show for everyone else.

Friday is also non-uniform day for the children. In exchange for not coming in uniform they must bring in some wine or chocolate for our Christmas event which is on Sunday, December 9th from 11.00am – 4.00pm. Volunteers are still required for this so if you think you can spare an hour or two to help please sign up on the volunteers’ sheet which is in the school office area. I cannot believe that I have actually mentioned the ‘C’ word but the whole event is just a month away. I must admit that I love Christmas and all the events associated with it and I feel that it is a real privilege to work in a school at this time of year.

I hope you all have an enjoyable weekend – the weather has certainly changed and we do know that it is autumn but I am sure that will not stop us all having a good time. I look forward to seeing you all next week –hopefully many of you at the maths evening!

No comments: