Friday 30 November 2018


Once again we had another lovely end to the week with a class assembly. This time it was the turn of Year 4 and they presented us with a very entertaining and informative assembly about ‘A Day in the Life of Year 4’. I know they are always busy when I go in but I had no idea how much they are packing in. The whole class did really well and I would like to thank them all for all their hard work in putting together such a great assembly. I would also like to thank Miss Bradford, Mrs Kirby and Mrs Farrell for supporting the children and organising the assembly.

The children have also been very excited today because they have had a ‘Mufti Day’ in exchange for bringing in wine and chocolate for the PTA Christmas Event. I would like to thank everyone who sent something in for their kind donation. The Christmas Event is now just over a week away and I know it is going to be a great day. If you have not already done so you can book tea with Father Christmas for your child at the school office and you can book a slot for them on the ice rink through the School Gateway.

It has been brought to my attention that some parents have been tying their dog to the school fence whilst picking up their child. I have specifically asked for this not to happen because we have had two parents bitten by a dog outside of the school in recent times and some of the children are terrified of unattended dogs and it makes them very nervous about coming to school. If this practice persists I may have to ban people who leave their dogs tied to the fence from the school premises.

The main event that we have to look forward to next week is our PTA Christmas Event on December 9th. The children have been asked to bring in a Christmas food item to put into a hamper and we would like all these items in by Thursday so all the hampers can be put together in time for Sunday. Have a great weekend and I will see you all again on Monday morning.

No comments: