Friday 18 January 2019


The spring term is in full swing and Christmas seems a long time ago – it is amazing that something that can dominate your life for so long can pass by so quickly. The weather, which has been quite good so far, has certainly let us know that we are in the middle of winter this week – we even had some light snow yesterday morning which  excited the children but not me – I hate having to make the decision about closing the school. May I remind you that if we do have to close the school for any reason we will inform you by text as soon as possible. I will only close it as a last resort but I do ask that you have contingency plans in place for bad weather because the British weather can change very quickly and we sometimes have to close the school at short notice.

I am going to apologise in advance but I need to have a little moan. I have noticed that some children are not coming to school in the correct uniform. A number of children are wearing coloured socks instead of plain grey and I am seeing too many children wearing earrings. We only allow children to wear earrings when they first get their ears pierced and even then they need to keep them covered in tape to protect the earrings from getting caught and injuring the children. Once their ears have healed they are not allowed to wear earrings in school. Parents will be getting texts if we notice any breaches in school uniform.

All the school clubs started this week which always gives the school a good vibe. The netball team even managed to play one of their fixtures and I am pleased to announce that we won one game and just lost another. I am sure that we will experience lots more success as the season proceeds.

On Monday I will be in late so I will not see you on the school gate but I do hope that you all have a great weekend. I look forward to seeing you all at the gate on Tuesday morning.

No comments: