Friday 22 March 2019


With all the excitement that happened last week I forgot to mention an important event that took place. Some of the children from Years 5 and 6 took part in a primary indoor athletic tournament at Dame Alice Owen School and won it. I was really pleased and even the lead inspector commented on my competitive attitude. I would like to congratulate all of the children who took part and I would like to thank Mr Mills for organising and supporting the team.

We had a lovely start to the day today because it was the Year 2 Assembly. The children were presenting a selection of the work they have covered this year and they did it very well. It was lovely to see how proud they were of all they have achieved and they really seemed to have a love of learning which is what we want to achieve with the pupils in our school. I would like to thank all of the pupils for giving us such an enjoyable assembly and I would like to thank Mrs Beadle, Mrs Fordham and Miss Southwell for all their hard work in helping them put it together.

In recent times I have given up eating chocolate for Lent so it has been a particularly trying day in school today because of all the chocolate that has surrounded me. This is because of all the Easter eggs that you have sent in for the tombola at the Easter Egg hunt next week. I would like to thank you all for your generosity – without it the PTA would not be able to raise the money that it does. As I have mentioned in past blogs we have recently purchased an outdoor learning space with PTA money and over the Easter holidays work will finally start on our technology room which is also being financed by PTA funds. It should be ready to use by May half term and will be a fantastic addition to our school.

I had to look twice at the calendar when I realised that we break up for Easter in 2 weeks - I do not know where this term has gone. Before we break up we still have a lot of events to look forward to starting with the Easter Egg Hunt which is being held after school next Friday. This is something that the PTA introduced a couple of years ago and has proved very popular with the children so I hope to see many of you there.

That is all for now. I hope you all have great weekend and I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday morning.

No comments: