Friday 5 April 2019


I must admit that I am glad that it is the end of term because I am ready for a break. I think because the clocks went forward an hour on Sunday and then we have had such a busy week in school I am ready to just collapse – I think that a lot of the children feel that way as well. However, as far as the end of term goes, it has been a fabulous week to finish on.

We started the week with our Sharing assembly where all the children shared work that they felt proud of. Then, on Tuesday night I went to the Wyllyots Theatre to watch some of the children take part in a music evening with children from other Potters Bar schools. It was based around the theme of space and it was an excellent evening –I certainly hope that we have more concerts like that in the future. I would like to praise all the children for how well they did and I would like to thank Mrs Robinson and Miss Bradford for giving up their free time to help prepare them for such a marvellous event.

We have also had our own big production in school this week as Years 3,4 & 5 have been performing in ‘Rock Bottom’. It has been a great show and everyone has been coming to tell me how much they enjoyed it. The children did an excellent job and they really did the school proud with their performance. I would also like to thank all the staff in Years 3, 4 and 5 for all their hard work in putting the show together, especially Miss Davis and Miss Bradford who co-ordinated the whole production.  

You will have read in our newsletter what a big success the PTA Easter Egg Hunt was last week. They managed to raise over five hundred and sixty pounds for the school which is brilliant. As well as that though all the children had a really good time and it was a lovely way to end a Friday afternoon. I was very happy because I won four chocolate eggs on the tombola –I will have to wait to eat them though because I have given up chocolate for Lent. I would like to thank all the PTA for organising the event and to thank them for their continued hard work for the school.

Have a great Easter break. Let us hope that the weather is good and I look forward to seeing you all again on Wednesday, 24th April.

No comments: