Friday 17 May 2019


It has been quite an exciting and busy week in school. The Year 6 have completed their SATs tests, Year 5 have been to Lincolnsfield and the Reception class performed their class assembly this morning. With all that has been going on I found myself quite shocked to realise that at the end of next week it is the half term holiday – the year is just flying by.

The assembly this morning was really good. I know that the ‘Reception’ children have ‘cute ‘ appeal which helps them to please an audience but their assembly was very entertaining and well presented. It was all about what they have been learning in class. I would like to thank the children for their great performance and I would like to thank Mrs Sheenan, Mrs Howe and Miss Chandler for all their hard work in putting it together.

The KS2 SATs are over for another year and I know that Year 6 are happy about that. As I predicted, the children all said that they were not as bad as they were expecting and they all thought that the week passed very quickly. The results for them will come out in July but I do ask parents to remember that they are only evidence of what the children can do in a test and that the real evidence of what they can do is evidenced in their books and in the classroom –and also what they can remember when they leave us and are not in the pressure situation of an exam!

Next week is another busy week in school. It is ‘Walk to School Week’ so please encourage your child to walk, cycle or scoot to school. If you drive please park a little further away from the school so that your child can walk part of the way. On Monday we also have our half termly Sharing Assembly and if your child is taking part you will already have been informed. On Wednesday it is our Open Afternoon for parents of children in Years 1 – 6.  This is an opportunity for parents to see the work that their children have completed over the last half term. It has only been a very short half term so I hope parents remember this when they look at the books but I know that the children have still produced some quality work in that time.

On Thursday it is the annual ‘Oakmere mini - marathon’ and all the children in KS2 take part with many of the other local primary schools. Although medals are given out to the winners, the main focus of the event is participation and the children can run it at any speed they like - the focus is on finishing. I always love this event and it is good to watch. If you are free at 10.30am next Thursday you may want to pop down to Oakmere to watch. In the afternoon I am also holding auditions for our talent night which we hold once every 2 years. It is always a popular event and I am sure that it will be no different this year. The date for the talent night is Thursday, June 13th .

After that it is half-term. I am hoping that we have good weather because I am staying in England for this break. I also hope that the weather is good this weekend because I am attending a wedding and my outfit would not really do well in the rain –I may have to see if I can buy an umbrella to match!

I hope you all have an enjoyable weekend. I am sure that with all the events that are happening next week I will see many of you during the course of the week.

No comments: