Friday 14 June 2019


I am recovering today after a very busy night in school due to our ‘Talent Night’ last night. It was very well received and all the children who took part gave excellent performances – they certainly did themselves proud. The little staff number at the end was also (surprisingly) well received but we did have a very sympathetic audience which always helps. Fortunately, nobody was injured when the end of my cane flew off – it is a good job it is plastic! I would like to thank all the pupils and my staff for all their hard work and I would like to thank the members of the PTA who provided and served the refreshments.

The ‘Talent Show’ was not the only excitement for the children this week because on Tuesday the whole school was invited to Manor Lodge School to watch their school production of ‘Mary Poppins’. It was a fabulous show and all the children had a really good time. The staff at Manor Lodge all commented on how well our children behaved so hopefully we will be asked back again next year.

Last Friday, thanks to the kindness of some parents and staff who volunteered to help, we managed to complete our outdoor learning area. We now have a lovely woodland path that weaves into our wildlife area and leads into our outdoor learning classroom. We were hoping to show the children it this week but unfortunately the weather has not been kind to us and it really has been too wet to show them, although the weather was slightly better today (excluding the heavy downpour that happened during lunchtime). The weather is predicted to be better next week so hopefully it will allow us to start to use this facility more before the end of term.

I am hoping for better weather next week because I am joining the Year 6 on their school journey to Kingswood on the Isle of Wight. I used to do lots of residential trips earlier in my career and I am really looking forward to going on one again.  It does mean that I will not be in school so if you feel that you need to see me regarding anything you will have to make an appointment to see me the following week. In my absence, Mrs Robinson will be in charge.

I hope that you have a fabulous weekend and I look forward to seeing you all on Monday morning before I leave for my trip to the Isle of Wight.                                                                                                                                                                        

No comments: