Friday 27 September 2019


I mentioned in my blog last week that we had some children taking part in a football tournament and I am pleased to announce that one of our teams won the shield competition. I would like to congratulate all of the children who took part for giving a hundred percent effort in all of their matches and I would like to thank Mr Mills for all of his work in training and organising the teams.

Unfortunately, we have had some children absent this week as we have a number of viruses going around the school. This can happen at the beginning of a new school year when the children are all back together and their immunity has to build up again. May I remind you that children should be off for 48 hours after their last bout of sickness or diarrhoea. eg. if they are sick on a Monday the earliest they should return to school is Wednesday. Being a working mother myself I know that organising this is not always easy but it does help keep sickness in the school down to a minimum which benefits the whole community in the long run.

The children all looked very smart today in preparation for their individual school photographs. The process all went very smoothly today and hopefully you will all be pleased with the proofs when you see them.

The Book Fair has been with us in school for a couple of days. I really get excited when I see a load of new books and I look forward to looking through them all. Thank you to all those people who have already purchased a book but to those of you who have not purchased one you still have plenty of time -  the Book Fair is with us until Tuesday 1st October. If your child would like a book but when you go to purchase it you find it is sold out, please let us know and we will order it for you. Remember the more books we sell the more books we can purchase for the school library.

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend – I think the autumn has definitely arrived so I will have to start preparing my winter wardrobe in readiness for the cold weather. I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday morning.

No comments: