Friday 13 September 2019


It well and truly feels like we have been back forever - all the school clubs are now running as normal and we will be getting ready for the half term break before we know it. It is good that we have had some sunny weather this week though so we can all still pretend that it is summer although the misty windows on my car in the morning are letting me know that autumn is on the way.

I am going to start my blog with a little moan this week. As the weather has been so nice the children have been removing their sweaters and then forgetting to take them with them. We are finding sweaters all over the school but unfortunately we cannot return all of them because they do not have their names in. We do ask that all the children’s uniform is clearly labelled so can you please ensure that all their school items have their name in it.

My second moan is that we have clear signs outside the school asking the children to disembark from their bikes and scooters at the first school gate and wheel them into the bike shed. This is to ensure the safety of all the people who use the school grounds. I have already witnessed two children crashing into each other on their scooters. Fortunately, they were both alright but we do not want a child to get seriously hurt before people start paying attention to our request.

Next week we have much to look forward to in school. There are the House Captain elections where the Year 6 have to present a rousing election speech to try and get the rest of their house to vote for them and we also have our first Friendship group of the year. On Saturday some of the older children will be taking part in a pre-season football tournament - I always feel we are properly back when the sporting calendar gets underway.  

I hope you all have a great weekend and I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday morning. I will not be on the gate because I have to attend some training but I will be back there on Tuesday morning.

No comments: